{"id":116926971923,"title":"Abandoned Pittsburgh - Connelley Trade School Post Card","handle":"copy-of-abandoned-pittsburgh-typewriter-post-card","description":"\u003cp\u003eAt the time of its opening in 1929, the Clifford B. Connelley Trade School was one of the largest and most modern schools of its kind, offering classes in carpentry, plumbing, automotive mechanics and more to 1,500-plus students. The Classical Revival and Art Deco building in the Hill District, over 170,000 square feet, housed a cafeteria, gymnasium, auditorium and below-ground swimming pool. The building was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1986, and to the List of Pittsburgh History and Landmarks Foundation Historic Landmarks in 2002. After severe budget cuts in the 1990s and a sharp decline in enrollment, the school closed but was given new life as the Energy Innovation Center. Renovation of the auditorium, shown here, will begin soon. \u003c\/p\u003e\n\u003cp\u003eThese 4 x 6 postcards on heavy card stock have the print on the front and other than a small  'Abandoned Pittsburgh' logo on the back, the space is left blank so we can hand write your message here.   \u003c\/p\u003e\n\u003cp\u003eInterested in seeing more work from Abandoned Gallery? View and l0earn more about the amazing work here - \u003ca href=\"http:\/\/www.abandonedpittsburgh.com\" target=\"_blank\" title=\"Abandoned Pittsburgh Gallery\" rel=\"noopener noreferrer\"\u003eAbandoned Pittsburgh\u003c\/a\u003e! \u003c\/p\u003e\n\u003cp\u003e \u003c\/p\u003e\n\u003cdiv class=\"acerill-product-form\" data-form-id=\"cd157a54-1252-47e7-ab96-8e71275b05bb\"\u003e\u003c\/div\u003e\n\u003cscript type=\"text\/javascript\" src=\"\/\/d3jrjquchlbb6s.cloudfront.net\/acerill-product-forms-v1.min.js\"\u003e\u003c\/script\u003e \n\u003cp\u003e \u003c\/p\u003e","published_at":"2017-12-23T01:01:49-05:00","created_at":"2018-01-01T20:40:23-05:00","vendor":"Abandoned Pittsburgh","type":"Greeting Cards","tags":["Connelley Trade School","Notecard","Pittsburgh Card"],"price":500,"price_min":500,"price_max":500,"available":true,"price_varies":false,"compare_at_price":null,"compare_at_price_min":0,"compare_at_price_max":0,"compare_at_price_varies":false,"variants":[{"id":834185330707,"title":"Default Title","option1":"Default Title","option2":null,"option3":null,"sku":"Abandoned_Connelley","requires_shipping":true,"taxable":true,"featured_image":null,"available":true,"name":"Abandoned Pittsburgh - Connelley Trade School Post Card","public_title":null,"options":["Default Title"],"price":500,"weight":45,"compare_at_price":null,"inventory_quantity":1,"inventory_management":null,"inventory_policy":"deny","barcode":""}],"images":["\/\/cdn.shopify.com\/s\/files\/1\/2124\/3551\/products\/Connelley_School_Auditorium_Postcard.jpg?v=1518842749"],"featured_image":"\/\/cdn.shopify.com\/s\/files\/1\/2124\/3551\/products\/Connelley_School_Auditorium_Postcard.jpg?v=1518842749","options":["Title"],"content":"\u003cp\u003eAt the time of its opening in 1929, the Clifford B. Connelley Trade School was one of the largest and most modern schools of its kind, offering classes in carpentry, plumbing, automotive mechanics and more to 1,500-plus students. The Classical Revival and Art Deco building in the Hill District, over 170,000 square feet, housed a cafeteria, gymnasium, auditorium and below-ground swimming pool. The building was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1986, and to the List of Pittsburgh History and Landmarks Foundation Historic Landmarks in 2002. After severe budget cuts in the 1990s and a sharp decline in enrollment, the school closed but was given new life as the Energy Innovation Center. Renovation of the auditorium, shown here, will begin soon. \u003c\/p\u003e\n\u003cp\u003eThese 4 x 6 postcards on heavy card stock have the print on the front and other than a small  'Abandoned Pittsburgh' logo on the back, the space is left blank so we can hand write your message here.   \u003c\/p\u003e\n\u003cp\u003eInterested in seeing more work from Abandoned Gallery? View and l0earn more about the amazing work here - \u003ca href=\"http:\/\/www.abandonedpittsburgh.com\" target=\"_blank\" title=\"Abandoned Pittsburgh Gallery\" rel=\"noopener noreferrer\"\u003eAbandoned Pittsburgh\u003c\/a\u003e! \u003c\/p\u003e\n\u003cp\u003e \u003c\/p\u003e\n\u003cdiv class=\"acerill-product-form\" data-form-id=\"cd157a54-1252-47e7-ab96-8e71275b05bb\"\u003e\u003c\/div\u003e\n\u003cscript type=\"text\/javascript\" src=\"\/\/d3jrjquchlbb6s.cloudfront.net\/acerill-product-forms-v1.min.js\"\u003e\u003c\/script\u003e \n\u003cp\u003e \u003c\/p\u003e"}

Abandoned Pittsburgh - Connelley Trade School Post Card

Product Description

At the time of its opening in 1929, the Clifford B. Connelley Trade School was one of the largest and most modern schools of its kind, offering classes in carpentry, plumbing, automotive mechanics and more to 1,500-plus students. The Classical Revival and Art Deco building in the Hill District, over 170,000 square feet, housed a cafeteria, gymnasium, auditorium and below-ground swimming pool. The building was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1986, and to the List of Pittsburgh History and Landmarks Foundation Historic Landmarks in 2002. After severe budget cuts in the 1990s and a sharp decline in enrollment, the school closed but was given new life as the Energy Innovation Center. Renovation of the auditorium, shown here, will begin soon. 

These 4 x 6 postcards on heavy card stock have the print on the front and other than a small  'Abandoned Pittsburgh' logo on the back, the space is left blank so we can hand write your message here.   

Interested in seeing more work from Abandoned Gallery? View and l0earn more about the amazing work here - Abandoned Pittsburgh

 

 

 

$5.00
Maximum quantity available reached.